If you're thinking I was born with a silver spoon, NEGATIVE! I was born in Haiti and immigrated to the United States as a child to live with my father. Growing up, I did most of what I was told; I respected my elders, I did well in school, never did drugs, went to college and grad school, and attended mass regularly with my family. Isn't that the secret to attaining the American dream? Because I think I've been duped! In reality, adulthood has left me in tears, confused, bitter, angry at times, depressed, and sometimes I even question the the fairness and judgement of the higher forces.
I couldn't wait to grow up! I had dreams of the BIG Apple, big money, glitz, and the good life. It never once, not even in passing, occurred to me that I'd end up in my shoes. Now that I am grown up, I just want a do over.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment